Movies opening this weekend (Nov 23, 2007)
November 23rd, 2007 by Maxim · No Comments · 2,684 Views
- August Rush (2007) PG 100min – a talented, but charismatic young Irish guitarist and a cellist-girl have a magical encounter one night above New York’s Washingon Square, but at her father’s insistence are torn apart, leaving behind a child, August Rush, who becomes an orphan by circumstance. Now he’s cared for by mysterious stranger, and he’s using his musical talent to find his lost parents. Drama/Music.
- Enchanted (2007) PG 10min – princess Giselle (Amy Adams) from classic Disney animated film falls in love with a handsome prince (James Marsden). His mother, evil queen (Susan Sarandon) got really upset about it and decided to use her black magic to banish her from animated world into real-life modern-day Manhattan. The girl has to survive in the world without love and find a way to get back to her lover. Fantasy/Comedy/Kids/Family
- Hitman (2007) R 110min – The Hitman (Timothy Olyphant) is an assassin raised by a secret organization only known a “The Agency”. He never misses and takes pride in his work. But even he can be setup as a pawn in a bigger chess match. His last assignment is to kill Russian president, but in the process his conscience is unexpectedly stirred by a mysterious Russian prostitute (Olga Kurylenko). Action/Videogame adaptation/Crime/Gangster
- Stephen King’s The Mist (2007) R 2h 5min – Things jump out from the mist at the villagers who hide at the local supermarket, but they have to learn not to fight each other first. Horror/Sci-fi/Suspence/Thriller/Book Adaptation
- This Chritmas (2007) PG-13 1h 57min – All family members gather for Christmas, and some secrets are revealed that are going to test the strength of their family bonds. Holiday Comedy/Drama/Family/Kids
- I’m not there (2007) R 2h 15min – Reenactment of Bob Dylan’s life, with various actors playing him at different stages of his life. Drama/Music/Biographical
- Christmas in Wonderland (2007) PG 1h 38min – Several kids and their dad go to the mall for Christmas shopping, find counterfeit money, inadvertently help catch the crooks and make a shocking discovery about Santa. Holiday Comedy
- Nina’s Heavenly Delights (2007) PG-13 1h 36min – Nina, Indo-Scotish woman, returns to Glasgow to her deceased father’s curry house. Together with co-owner of the curry house and her childhood friend Bobbi, Bollywood’s drag queen, she embarks on a mission to win curry competition, with adventures and discoveries on the way. Foreign/Comedy/Art
- Starting Out In The Evening (2007) PG-13 1h 51min – Heather, a graduate student forces a meeting with an old beaten-down out-of-print writer who affected her life with his work. She’s writing a thesis on his work for her Master’s, and convinces him that it can resurrect his work. His 39-year-old daughter is distressed by this in the beginning, but soon all of them realise that what they thought were end of their individual journey’s were in fact the new beginnings. Comedy/Drama/Adaptation.
If you liked this post, buy me a beer · ·
new movies | new movies in theatres | now playing